Learn about all the things you can expect and the best tips to having a great time at your first Paint Night out.
“I can’t think of anything more rewarding than being able to express yourself to others through painting. Exercising the imagination, experimenting with talents, being creative; these things, to me, are truly the windows to your soul.”― Bob Ross, The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross, Vol. 29
- First things first get your group of friends, family, or significant other on board for your Paint Party because creating is more fun with others!
- Pick a date and time to do this thing. Also select a project everyone is excited to paint. You can come to a live local event with all supplies included or you can host your own at home. You need to know what to paint! We also have hundreds of On Demand selections found HERE.
- Allow about 2 hrs to complete the painting and arrive early (at least 15 minutes) for the best seat! If your hosting your own check out my set up guide here.
- Plan your meal at the scheduled location or make sure to provide some snacks and beverages for your at home event. You want to relax into the experience and having some drinks and appetizers on hand can make the painting more enjoyable.
- Get your expectations in check! If you haven’t picked up a brush in a long while then you are in for a treat. Don’t be hard on yourself if the painting looks different from the artist teaching. You should not compare your work to others it’s about the journey not the outcome and if you can have fun with it then you did it right!
- Be sure to take photos and share what you created with others. The biggest joy in making art is sharing our creations and creating that connection that only art can provide. Don’t be shy, the reactions you get could be life changing!
- Do it again! The benefits of creating art are endless and it enriches your life and relationships so don’t make it a one time thing if you can get creative at least once a month that’s a good start.
“Let’s get crazy.”― Bob Ross
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment