In this post I will go over the materials and how-to-do for painting with acrylics on paper.
Here is what you need:
- acrylic painting paper or watercolor paper (in the demo I use 5×7 watercolor paper)
- white gesso (if you plan to use watercolor paper)
- painters/masking tape 1/2″ or 1″ (use larger depending on paper size)
- paint brushes (assortment usually a 1″ large square brush, #4 filbert, #3round)
- acrylic paint in primary colors ( white, black, primary red, primary yellow, primary blue)
Supply links to what I recommend:
- Start by applying a thin layer of gesso to the smooth side of the watercolor paper (skip if you have the acrylic paper). Note: you can use either side I prefer the smoother side. Let this fully dry.
- Next add the tape around the edges.
- Paint your picture!
- Gently remove the tape pulling straight down and pulling close to the surface.
- Let dry and send as a gift or add to a frame.
Watch the video quick over view here:
To purchase access to this full tutorial for the Spring Blossom Sky Mini Session or to find other full tutorial session check out my recorded sessions page.
Thank you for reading and please leave a comment if you have any questions I’m happy to help! Stay Creative 🙂