I LOVE to cook which means I have lots of cans that I decided to turn into a fun and easy DIY art project!
What You Need
- Old cans from sauce or fruits, beans etc. (clean them all the way)
- FolkArt MultiSurface Satin Acrylic Paint
- 1 large 1″ square wash brush, 2-4 small round brushes
- a plate or pallet
- a cup of water to clean brushes
- a paper towel or rag
- First paint the base layer any color you want using the large 1″ square brush 1-2 layers is good dry all the way between layers. DRY for about 1hr when the bas layer is done.
- Next add the floral patterns with contrasting colors (colors that stand out against the base layer). I usually add 2-4 colors in the design and keep it very easy and loose. I use the white paint mixed in to get lighter shades.
- Dry them before you use them they with take about 21 days to fully cure with air dry.
Watch the process Video
Ways to use the old cans
- Plant Pots
- Hand Poured Candles
- Pen or Brush Holders
I hope you were inspired to make some painted cans! Do you have other ideas of how we can recycle our everyday trash? Share in the comments!
Make More Art, ox Wendy